Thursday, October 28, 2010

Candy Corn Butterfinger Truffles

HEY! Long time no post eh? Before you slam the door let me explain. First off I got to go on a vacation. That has been kind of tricky to do lately so that was nice. (Thanks Mom and Dad for helping that be possible.) Next I came home and my computer was dead. Like totally dead. I was shocked how hard it was to not have one for like a week while we shopped around for one and then got everything transferred to it and set up. UGH! (Thanks to my Bro for the help on that one.) Then one of my kiddos was sick and that took some attention for a bit. But, I never forgot you all and in the midst of everything I was still trying recipes and making posts in my head. To make up for not talking to you for a month I am posting 3 recipes at once. So be sure to scroll down and try them all. I must admit that the pictures are lacking, probably because I usually was eating and cooking on the run. Also I was obviously in a trifle and truffle mood. But, these are crazy simple to throw together but majorly impressive. Give them a try and let me know how it went. By the way, I hope you forgive me and I promise not to be a stranger. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Candy Corn Butterfinger Truffles (a great way to use up extra candy corn)
2 Cups candy corn
2 Cups creamy peanut butter
1 pkg Chocolate chips

Place your candy corn in a microwave safe bowl and melt stirring every 30-45 seconds until the candy corn is completely melted. Remove from microwave and add peanut butter. This is when is comes together and forms all those little layers that are like a butterfinger candy bar. Form into balls and chill in the refrigerator until firm. Melt your chocolate chips and roll your truffles until covered. They taste just like a butterfinger. Enjoy!!








1 comment:

  1. I made these and cannot stop eating them! They truly do taste like butterfingers! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete