Monday, January 31, 2011

Homemade Strawberry Oreos


Ok, so I found myself recently with a whole bunch of extra cream cheese frosting. I know, quite the dilemma. My first impression was to just eat it with a really big spoon, but then I thought better of myself it being the new year. So I decided to put it to good use in a tasty cookie. You may have made homemade oreos before, but I love to mix it up by using different mixes. I have used lemon, confetti cake and yes strawberry. These were delish, although adding a cookie to the frosting probably didn't help my new years resolution much. Oh well, this is just the perfect color for valentines which will be here fast. Whip up a batch for someone you love!!
Homemade Strawberry Oreos
2 Strawberry Cake Mixes
4 Eggs
1 Cup Shortening
Mix and drop into balls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Cool and slather with some tasty frosting.



No comments:

Post a Comment