Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Heart Tarts!

So, the day of Love is approaching. It is also crunch time if you don't have anything for that special someone in you life. Well here is something I came up with that is beyond simple, beautiful and delicious. This is a tart in the shape of a heart and you can make them any flavor you like, but believe me when you give one of these they will definately love you!!
So it all starts with pre-made pie dough. Each package has two 8 or 9 inch rounds so you can make two heart tarts. All I did here was grease a cookie sheet, put down my thawed pie dough round. Next I used a knife to cut the bottom into a point and using the excess dough on the top created a heart shape. Be sure to press the dough together so the it is one solid piece.


Next you need your pie filling. You need one can per tart. I used peach in one and cherry in the other. For the cherry I added about a 1/4 tsp of almond extract. For the peaches I sprinkled the top with cinnamon and sugar. You do not need to spread the filling very much. After that I just pulled up the edges all the way around. You get a beautiful rustic look that is also whimsical for Valentines day. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. It is done when the edges are golden and the filling is bubbly. Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment