Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sweet breakfast for your Sweetie!

Hey all, I thought I would start throwing some Valentines ideas your way. I know it is a little early, but never too soon to plan for your sweetie. So this is my doughnut recipe I shared at Halloween plus some tasty dips for an extra special day. This recipe would be perfect for a valentines breakfast or brunch, but easy to tweak for any occasion. As you can see I used heart shape cookie cutters to be festive. Enjoy!!

Valentine Doughnuts and Dipping Sauce
1 Can Pillsbury Biscuits
Vegetable Oil
Powdered Sugar
Sugar and Cinnamon mixed together
Sour cream
Apricot Jam
Strawberry Jam

Heat your vegetable oil to about 350 degrees. Cut your biscuits into doughnuts, small bites, or any shape. Place a few in the oil at a time turning as they brown. Be sure to cook all sides if your shape is larger like my hearts so they cook all the way through. Place doughnuts directly in powdered sugar or sugar cinnamon mixture from the oil and coat and cool. Combine 1 Cup sour cream and 3 Tbs. jam together to make your dipping sauce. Try other jam flavors if you prefer. The Apricot and Strawberry were amazing. Share with someone you love and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment