Friday, April 15, 2011

Wildlife Cake!

This cake was sooooo fun to make. It was for a little boy who loves everything animals. We decided to have the tiers represent the water, earth and sky. I will admit this is the first time I have ever done any hand painting on a cake before, but I think it turned out pretty good. I cut out the animals from fondant and let them dry, then hand painted each and placed them on the side of the fondant covered cake. I like the elephant and the killer whale the best, which do you like?!!
Here is an eagle and a tiger. The eagle was the only sky animal they wanted, it is his favorite.
Here is a not so scary shark and a cute sea turtle.
Here is a dolphin and a giraffe. I loved doing the mane on the giraffe.
Here is a monkey and a alligator, that monkey better watch his tail!!
Here is my cute elephant, I love his wrinkled knees!
Last is my fun killer whale jumping out of the water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment