Friday, November 19, 2010

My Cup Runneth over cookies!!

Hey there! May I be the first to wish you a early Happy Thanksgiving. I made these cookies this weekend hoping to use up some Halloween candy. I had bought two XL bags of full size Reese's peanut butter cups after Halloween on clearance. I new I would eat them all so I incorporated them into a cookie so I could give some away. I still ate my fair share though. This recipe is from my awesome sister in law Amy. She definitely knows how to make some sweet eats so believe me when I say this is the best peanut butter cookie ever. Usually you use this recipe to make Hershey kiss cookies. I made the dough balls extra large so there would be room for the whole peanut butter cup. We came up with our name because of the upcoming holiday and the full size peanut butter cup. All your friends will be giving you thanks when you make these babies. Enjoy!!!
This is about how big I rolled the dough out. Don't forget to roll them in sugar. Then you get the soft cookie, the gooey chocolate, and the crunch from the sweet sugar!!

Here they are lined up in all their chocolaty goodness!!
My Cup Runneth over Cookies!!
1 1/2 Cups Shortening
2 1/4 Cups Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
6 Tbs. Milk
3 tsp. Vanilla
4 1/2 Cups Flour
3 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 Large bags of full sized peanut butter cups
Mix all but the peanut butter cups together and form into balls rolled in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press in a peanut butter cup while hot!


No comments:

Post a Comment