Wednesday, June 9, 2010

S'more Crispie Treats!

Ok, I told you I would put those giant marshmallows to good use. I have been thinking about Fathers day coming up, and I thought that these would be and awesome Dad's day treat. It's all the great things about camping, but Dad doesn't have to set up the tent. I will try to get you another fathers day recipe in the next week, but give this one a try because it is a definite winner. Oh, and don't worry, those ants in the picture were painted on my serving tray!!

S'more Crispie Treats
1 Stick margarine or butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Corn Syrup
Bring slowly to a boil and boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
Add 1/2 a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk and boil for another 3 minutes.
Stir in 14 cups of graham cracker cereal.
Press half of the mixture into a 9x13 greased pan. Press it in firmly. This is where the marshmallows come into play. I will admit I used the XL marshmallows but I broke them in half and layered them on top so regular large marshmallows should be perfect. Then I stuck them under the broiler for a minute. Watch them because they toast fast.

Here are my marshmallows toasted. I loooooooove that smell.

Top them with the other half of the cereal mixture and press in so they stick together good.


Now melt chocolate and spread over the top. To be authentic I melted 6 Hershey bars. Use whatever you like.




Then just slice them up and enjoy. One helpful hint. Spray your knife or cutting spatula with non stick spray before you cut these then you won't get stuck in the marshmallow and your pieces will come out clean. Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment