Thursday, February 18, 2010

Reese Crispie Treats

I am back. My goodness time does fly. I have been trying to make these cookies all week and they finally got made. Boy was I glad when they were finished. Not only did I get some happy baking time, but an amazing treat. If you are a lover of chocolate and peanut butter these will quickly become a favorite. And speaking of quickly these are sooo fast to make. My invention of these cookies came when I wanted to make my sister in laws recipe for scotcheroos and sadly had no butterscotch chips. I did, however, have a bag of reeses peanut butter chips. Throw in a couple butterfinger candy bars and I was set. Give them a try and let me know how it went. I love to hear when you have tried out my recipes. Also, be sure to become a follower so you are updated when I post. Now if you will excuse me I have a cookie calling me!!

Reese Crispie Treats
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 Cup Peanut butter
Bring to a boil slowly. (If you boil it quick at a high temp they will be as hard as rocks. Not good)
Once it just starts to boil take it off the heat and add 1 tsp vanilla.

Pour in 8-9 Cups rice crispies and stir until they are coated. You can add more or less depending on how dry or gooey you like them. I like them gooey.
Press into a greased cookie sheet. Here's a tip. Spray your hand with pam and then it is a million times easier to press into your pan.

Melt one bag reeses peanutbutter chips and one bag milk chocolate chips together in the microwave and spread evenly across the top of your cookies.
Sprinkle with two crushed butterfinger candy bars and some festive sprinkles and let them set. If you need this to happen quick just throw them in your refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment